Monday, 10 June 2013

Favourite Nail Varnishes for Summer

I have to admit I am a bit of a nail varnish lover. When I paint my nails I find myself gazing at them lovingly throughout the day. So, naturally, I have a couple of favourites and as the promise of summer is glinting around us I thought I would share my favourite colours for summer.




Isadora Polar Nights
Despite the title and the colour and everything really I love this for summer. It is more of a winter product but who could resist it's sparkly goodness?! It is in a gorgeous dark blue and is glittery and I love it so much. I got this when I was in Cologne (cannot recommend this city as a holiday destination enough!) in a store called Douglas but I am unsure how much it costed.


OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons (Germany Collection)
Recently I have gone a bit nude mad (yes, that does sound odd) and I think nude nails are perfect for summer. For me summer is all about the comfort and I think nude nails do give off the air of casualness without looking like you haven't made an effort.


Accessorize Think Mink
This is another nude that I love and I like how this has a slight purple hue to it. It is beautiful and look amazing with burgundy which is what I constantly wear. I think this was around £4-5 but I am not sure.


Nails Inc. St James
I got this free in a magazine over Christmastime but I think this colour, although perfect in winter, can be worn throughout the year. As in summer people tend to dress in lots of white I think this would provide the perfect contrast nail to that and I cannot wait to try out that idea.



Claire's Nail Varnishes
I love these two colours for summer because they are just simple, generic colours which work well with most things in summer. I especially love the blue one because it looks like blue tac and who doesn't want nail that look like blue tac? Also they are about £2-3 each - cheap as chips!


Accessorize Morning Dew
I love how glittery this nail varnish is and the colour works so well with things in the summer. It reminds me of the sea glinting in the summer sun - how very romantic. I also adore the name and maybe it does a better job of summing up the colour than me.

I would love to hear which nail varnishes you love this summer and what you would recommend to someone who is forever on the hunt for new and exciting nail varnishes.
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. i love the mint one!!!
    maybe you would like to follow each other?
    xoxo

    www.mychoicebysorana.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I would love to follow each other! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the first one - it reminds me of space and that can never be a bad thing :) my favourite nude at the minute is Dulce De Leche by Opi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like space actually! Haha! I will have to take a look at that product - thanks for the recommendation! :)

      Delete
  3. I love St James by Nails Inc X

    http://londonb0und.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow i just love the first one, the color it's gorgeous, you have a great blog, what about follow each other ?
    Let me know on my blog !
    xoxo

    http://www.descontraidas.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Gurl!
    I found your blog through a comment you posted on Zoella's blog. Your blog is so good! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow :) Ill be doing a giveaway at 100 followers that I would love for you to be in to win. fallenfashionave.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great selection of colours! my fav at the min is a bronzed one by essie. :) x

    ReplyDelete

© The Emerald Dove. All rights reserved.
Blogger Designs by pipdig